Wednesday 23 January 2013

Deadline looming

The planning permission on the building expires on 15th February.... that's 23 days.... License to work on land with hibernating dormice is still outstanding and I think I may have to take up emailing/phoning on a daily basis - promised thirty five day turnaround of application is already a distant memory.

To add to this worry, phone call to the architects yesterday reminded me that building regulations are also required and for that I needed a call to the builder and to a structural engineer. The engineer who originally assessed the four walls for the planning permission is possibly a casualty of the recession as I can find no trace of him on the internet or phone directory. Fortunately, Big Mike (The Builder) recommended another to me and a call to John The Surveyor quelled my rising stress levels a little. It seems full Building Regs are not required to commence works and validate the planning permission, but Building Notice needs to be submitted as soon as poss.



This is the view from last week and, indeed, there is another frosting to the landscape this morning. Have two nightshifts ahead of me so hoping the snow clears. After the snow last week we had the most beautiful skies and this photo was taken at about 0745 on my way home from work. Don't we live in a glorious part of the world?! 





1 comment:

  1. Wow what a stunning sky....almost worth working a night shift!

    ReplyDelete